This is the current all India engineering entrance examination named by combining AIEEE and IIT-JEE into one brand. Admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, Other centrally financed Technical Institutions, funded by several participating State Governments, and several other Institutions might include the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main). The JEE (Main) will likewise be a qualification test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergrad programs offered by the IITs.
Fees structure of the exam is given below according to their categories:-
|GENERAL||Rs. 2,600 + GST||Rs. 1,300 + GST|
|SC||Rs. 1,300 + GST||Rs. 1,300 + GST|
|ST||Rs. 1,300 + GST|| Rs. 1,300 + GST|
- Details regarding the mode of exam, the course that they would be applying for and the medium would need to be provided by the candidate. once the preferred exam mode is given the JEE main exam center can be selected. For the pen and paper mode, applicants would be required to choose four centers in the order of preference and for CBT one center choice would be required to be indicated.
- Applicants would be entering their private details which includes name, contact quantity, class, date of birth, gender and nationality. applicants would also be required to give their Aadhar Card number and address.
- Qualifying exam details which includes Grade 12 percentage, year of passing and other related information about the institution they're from would be required to be provided. applicants appearing for the qualifying exam in 2018 would also need to give information about the examination that they're qualifying.
- Candidates would be offering their contact information along with their address of residence.
- Details about parents/Guardians, their occupation and compensation would be required to be provided.
- applicants would also be required to choose their password before Signing in to the account along with the choice of a security question and solution.
Cut off of JEE Advance exam 2018 are given in detail according to their categories:-
Category Minimum Marks in Each Subject Minimum Aggregate Marks Common rank list (CRL) 12 126 OBC-NCL 11 114 SC 06 63 ST 06 63 Common-PwD rank list (CRL) 06 63 OBC-NCL-PwD rank list 06 64 SC-PwD rank list 06 64 ST-PwD rank list 06 64 Preparatory course rank lists 03 32
- JEE Main Admit Card 2019
- Photo Identity Card
- PwD Certificate (only for PwD candidates)
- Clip Board
- For Paper 2, pencils, geometry box, color pencils, crayons, erasers
1. 10+2 or any equivalent exam that is conducted via a regulatory authority like CBSE, ICSE, Indian school certificates exam
2. Pre-university/ Pre-degree course examination conducted via a recognized Board
3. exam conducted by the 2-year course of the Joint services Wing NDA
4. HSC Vocational examination
5. SSSE conducted via national Institute of Open schooling with as a minimum 5 subjects.
6. course from a school/ college recognized via AIU equivalent to the 10+2 system
7. general certificate education examination at an advanced degree for ensuring admission to IITs.
8. HSC examination via Cambridge university/ international Baccalaureate diploma
A total of 30 questions from each subject will be given and each correct answer contains 4 marks and whereas each incorrect answer contains -1 mark. Around 1.2 million students are writing this exam every year.
Q. If I appear for improvement in 5 subjects, which scores will be taken into consideration for JEE Main 2018?
Ans: The better of the scores will be taken in to consideration.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria to apply for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs?
Ans: The candidates should have secured atleast 75% marks (65% for SC/ST category) or be in the top 20 percentile in 12th standard (or equivalent) board examination.
JEE Mains score can be utilized for various private colleges.applicants qualifying JEE Mains give the JEE advanced out of which just 11,000 candidates are qualified for IIT's and ISM.however, these scores can be utilized for going into various prestigiou universities.
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma - Volume 1 and Volume 2
- Complete Physics for JEE Main by Irodov
- NCERT books (only for Theory)
- IIT chemistry by O.P Tandon
- Complete Chemistry for JEE Main by NCERT
- IIT Mathematics by R.D Sharma
- Biotechnology/Biology/Chemistry/Vocational subject
Some exam centers of the exam are as follows:-
State Cities Andaman and Nicobar Port Blair Andhra Pradesh Guntur, Tirupati, VIjayawada Arunachal Pradesh Itanagar Assam Guwahati and Silchar Bihar Gaya, Muzaffarpur and Patna Chandigarh Chandigarh/Mohali Chattisgarh Raipur Dadra Nagar Haveli Dadra Nagar Haveli Daman and Diu Daman and Diu New Delhi New Delhi Goa Panaji Haryana Faridabad, Gurgaon, Hisar, Karnal and Kurukshetra Himachal Pradesh Hamirpur and Shimla Jammu and Kashmir Jammu and Srinagar Karnataka Bengaluru, Hubli and Mangalore Lakshadweep Kavarrati Madhya Pradesh Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Rewa and Ujjain Maharashtra Amravati, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune and Thane Meghalaya Shillong Mizoram Aizawl Pondicherry Puducherry Punjab Amritsar and Bathinda Rajasthan Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur and KotaSikkim Gangtok TamilNaduChennai, Coimbatore and Madurai Telangana Hyderabad, Khammam and Warangal Tripura Agartala Uttarakhand Dehradun, Haldwani, Haridwar and Roorkee